Pravins Sellier Wide Stirrup Leathers
AS REVIEWED BY YOUTUBERS HOLLY LENAHAN SHOW JUMPING AND MEGAN ELPHICK EVENTING.
**See exact size guide in tab below description. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bespoke advice.
*** These leathers work with ANY stirrups.
****Note the brown is more of a chocolate brown and not as tan as they look in some of the photos.
Would your riding benefit from a more stable and quieter lower leg? Do you suffer with ankle, hip or leg issues that affect your balance in the saddle? You may want to read on...
APPROXIMATE SIZE GUIDE - see exact size guide in tab below description
Based on your height if you are a jumper/event/hacker (for dressage size up approx. 3" to your height or consult detailed Size Guide in tab below (scroll down)). If on the border between sizes please consult detailed size guide in tab below or contact email@example.com.
If you are...5'0" and under choose the 115cm leathers
...From 5'1" to 5'4"/5'5" choose the 125cm leathers
...From 5'5"/5'6" to 5'10" choose the 135cm leathers
...5'11" and over choose the 145cm leathers
WHY PRAVINS WIDE LEATHERS?
With one of us nursing an ankle injury and the other with a dodgy hip, and fed up with leathers over-stretching, twisting and even breaking, we searched for the perfect stirrup leather and we found it in France.
Renowned French saddlers, Pravins Sellier, have developed these wide stirrup leathers, which aid correct position, comfort and stability. The quality is second to none, they don't twist and are seamless so severe rubbing on boots and saddles is reduced. The leathers have been developed with several Olympic riders including Michel Robert and Philippe Rozier, who used the leathers in the Rio Olympics.
The wide leather provides a bigger base of support for the lower leg, giving comfort, leg stability and close contact with the horse without twisting. Importantly they do not adversely affect the freedom of movement that you need in a variety of disciplines. They also help to alleviate leg, hip or ankle pain by providing more support for the lower leg.
They help with both flat and jumping work as well as endurance or trail riding. polo and cross country.
This wide stirrup leather matches perfectly with the innovative MDC stirrups for unparalleled lower leg position and seat stability.
Although a relatively new concept in the UK, these leathers are used widely in Europe and the USA. We have tried them and haven't looked back.
PLEASE DO NOT OIL, BALM OR CONDITION THE LEATHERS. They will soften on their own through uses. Clean occasionally with glycerine saddle soap if required.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT RETURNS OR EXCHANGES FOR THIS ITEM IF THEY HAVE BEEN RIDDEN IN. When you get them please hold them against your current leathers to compare the size and if you think you have ordered the wrong size context us before putting them on your saddle or riding in them.
Pravins is situated in the heart of the Beaujolais region of France surrounded by forests and vineyards, and was founded by husband and wife team of Phillipe and Carole. Brought together by their shared love of high-quality products, design and innovation. Carole is the more creative, whilst Phillipe brings the skill to the partnership in the creation of leather goods. The workshop is filled with rich textures and materials; leather, saddle oil, wool, horse hair and linen yarn to provide the couple with the inspiration to draw upon for their products. Glaze & Gordon love the intimacy, the pride and the skill used in this wonderful brand.
Glaze & Gordon love the intimacy, the pride and the skill used in this wonderful brand.
We cannot tell you how many pairs of stirrup leathers we have been through over the last couple of years; not only do they snap they also stretch and we have never found the correct ones to suit us. Pravins limit stretch, and are incredibly durable through being created from top quality leather.
All sorts of disciplines you can imagine. From Polo to dressage; these stirrup leathers give you the stability you need in every situation. Glaze & Gordon use these leathers ourselves, and cannot recommend them highly enough.
- Much wider than a traditional stirrup leather, Pravins leather's do not twist and are much more comfortable.
- Close contact with the saddle – suitable for all disciplines.
- The wide strap provides a huge about of support to the rider's leg, and therefore increases stability. This is both for safety, and style.
- International riders have contributed to the development of this product, Michel Robert (International Showjumper) worked in direct partnership with Pravins to create the leathers.
- Top quality, chrome-tanned leather.
- Chrome-tanned leather is more resistant to water, stains and heat.
- The leather has been pre-stretched during tanning to help to limit additional elongation.
- Weight 1.5kg.
- Available in both black and brown.
EXACT SIZE GUIDE
1. On your current leather measure from the the base of the buckle (or where the buckle pin sits) to the hole you use use most often. If you want the leathers for both flat and jumping take two measurements, from the base of the buckle to 1) the hole you use for jumping and 2) the hole you use for flat.
2. Consult the grid below to find out which hole on the Pravins your measurement(s) will put you. There are 15 holes on the Pravins, with 1 being the shortest setting and 15 being the longest.
3. Please remember these are 100% leather so will take a little while to settle as they soften and mould to your leg. as they do this they will stretch 1-2 hole. So if, when you get them, you think they are too short they most likely just need to break in.
Pravins Leather Size
Distance of each hole from the base of the buckle (where the buckle pin sits)on the Pravins
Hole 1: 69.5cm | 2: 72cm | 3: 74.5cm | 4: 77cm | 5: 79.5cm | 6: 82cm | 7: 84.5cm |8: 87cm | 9: 89.5cm | 10: 92cm | 11: 94.5cm | 12: 97cm | 13: 99.5cm | 14: 102cm | 15: 104.5cm
Hole 1: 79.5cm | 2: 82cm | 3: 84.5cm | 4: 87cm | 5: 89.5cm | 6: 92cm | 7: 94.5cm | 8: 97cm | 9: 99.5cm | 10: 10cm | 11: 104.5cm | 12: 107cm | 13: 109.5cm | 14: 112cm | 15: 114.5cm
Hole 1: 89cm | 2: 91.5cm | 3: 94cm | 4: 96.5cm | 5: 99cm | 6: 101.5cm | 7: 104cm | 8: 106.5cm | 9: 109cm | 10: 111.cm5 | 11: 114cm | 12: 116.5cm | 13: 119cm | 14: 121.5cm | 15: 124cm
Hole 1: 99 | 2: 101.5 | 3: 104 | 4: 106.5 | 5: 109 | 6: 111.5 | 7: 114 | 8: 116.5 | 9: 119 | 10: 121.5 | 11: 124 | 12: 126.5 | 13: 129 | 14: 131.5 | 15: 134
Material: 100% leather.
Care: Leathers soften naturally through use. Do NOT treat your leathers with oil, balm or conditioner as this can damage the leather. Occasionally clean with glycerine saddle soap if required.