Outback Ladies 'Melbourne' Waterproof Wax Quilted Gilet
The perfect addition to any outfit for staying warm on cold mornings. This stylish yet robust vest has extended back coverage along with a stunning quilted waterproof oilskin finish. Oilskin is similar to wax cotton clothing but oilskin garments are treated with oil instead of wax.
Warmth never looked so good – this beautiful gilet is designed to fit your curves and shape, and the quilted outer gives a luxurious feel whilst being water proof. The two-way zipper and hip pockets makes sure the functionality balances with the style to make this gilet a NEED not just a want!
• 2-way Zipper
• Inner Storm Flap
• Hip Pockets
• Inside Security Pocket
• Elastic Back Waistline
• Extended back
• Security Pocket
• Breathable fabric
Established in 1983, Outback Trading Company has maintained a superb reputation for producing incredibly durable and high performing apparel. Wilson King, the founder, had the idea for the company when he was out riding in his faithful Australian duster in a downpour. Wilson went on to pursue the company that had created his duster, Claybourn Brothers Australia, and start his very own line of oilskin dusters. Outback Trading was born, created from one man, his horse and his duster. Glaze & Gordon selected Outback on the basis of their outstanding quality at such a reasonable price, and that style has not been forgotten in all the functionality.
Gilets are not hard to find, but stylish ones that are waterproof and provide comfort and function are.
Layering up under a coat for the cold weather, or on its own on milder days this gilet is absolutely perfect for anything that involves the outdoors, and is smart enough to wear in the town too!
- 2-way Zipper
- Inner Storm Flap
- Hip Pockets
- Inside Security Pocket
- Elastic Back Waistline
- Extended back
- Security Pocket
- Breathable fabric
Measurements are in inches. Please note, measurements provided are taken from each garment laid flat.
Cleaning your oilskin product:
- Soak in a tub of cold water, or hang outside and hose down.
- Remove debris by brushing with a stiff brush.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Allow the coat to dry naturally with good air circulation, not in direct sunlight or close to a heat source.
Storing your oilskin product:
- Be sure your coat is completely dry before storing away for the season.
- Hang in an area with good air circulation.
If your coat has been stored away damp/wet or stored in a high humidity environment it may develop mildew, to remove the mildew:
- Make a solution of 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 water.
- Apply this solution to your coat with a spray bottle whilst brushing off with a stiff brush – you can also put the solution in a bucked and apply with the stiff brush.
- Be sure to scrub all oilskin areas you can reach, both sides if possible.
- Hang the coat up, hose off, and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Extreme cases may require a second application of the vinegar solution, or, soaking in the solution for several hours after scrubbing.
Material: Shell and lining 100% polyester