Outback Kids Long Wax Coat - The Kids Duster
*Size guide below. Please email email@example.com for out of stock or larger sizes.
Outstanding children's full-length wax coat from U.S brand Outback Trading. Perfect for keeping little ones dry when riding or whatever they are doing when they may need to keep the rain off. The kid’s Duster has all the great features of the full-size adult Duster to keep your little one playing all day!
The Low Rider Duster is a unisex waterproof full-length coat designed to last for years to come with its oilskin fabric (100% cotton waterproofed with oil) meaning unrivalled durability, and is overflowing with functional features.
Not only does it look fantastic, Outback coats are made for function and worn by stockmen and women, horse riders, hunters and shooters across the U.S.A.
• Waterproof & Breathable
• Dual Snap Closure
• Snap Adjustable Cuffs
• Hip Pockets
• Snap Removable Cape
• Reinforced Elbow Patches
• Inside Pocket
• Cotton Lining
• Rear Saddle Gusset
• Storm Flap
Established in 1983, Outback Trading Company has maintained a superb reputation for producing incredibly durable and high performing apparel. Wilson King, the founder, had the idea for the company when he was out riding in his faithful Australian duster in a downpour. Wilson went on to pursue the company that had created his duster, Claybourn Brothers Australia, and start his very own line of oilskin dusters. Outback Trading was born, created from one man, his horse and his duster. Glaze & Gordon selected Outback on the basis of their outstanding quality at such a reasonable price, and that style has not been forgotten in all the functionality.
All horse riders have been caught out by a storm at some point in their riding careers, and there is absolutely nothing worse than soggy breeches and spending the rest of your 'yard time' cold and wet. Always be prepared, whatever the weather, with this wonderful riding coat.
Keeping bone-dry and toasty warm no matter what the British countryside throws at you.
- Waterproof, breathable unisex duster with a detachable cape.
- Rear saddle gusset.
- Adjustable leg straps.
- Dual snap closure.
- Storm flap.
- Collar with adjustable throat latch.
- Snap adjustable cuffs.
- Adjustable draw string waistband.
- Inside security pocket.
- Dual entry hip pockets.
- Yarn dyed cotton lining.
- Taffeta lined sleeves.
- Compatible with the Outback Wool Button in Liner.
Extra Small: Ages 5 to 7
Small: Ages 8 to 10
Medium: Ages 11 to 13
Large: Ages 14 to 16
Cleaning your oilskin product:
- Soak in a tub of cold water, or hang outside and hose down.
- Remove debris by brushing with a stiff brush.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Allow the coat to dry naturally with good air circulation, not in direct sunlight or close to a heat source.
Storing your oilskin product:
- Be sure your coat is completely dry before storing away for the season.
- Hang in an area with good air circulation.
If your coat has been stored away damp/wet or stored in a high humidity environment it may develop mildew, to remove the mildew:
- Make a solution of 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 water.
- Apply this solution to your coat with a spray bottle whilst brushing off with a stiff brush – you can also put the solution in a bucked and apply with the stiff brush.
- Be sure to scrub all oilskin areas you can reach, both sides if possible.
- Hang the coat up, hose off, and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Extreme cases may require a second application of the vinegar solution, or, soaking in the solution for several hours after scrubbing.