MDC 'S' Classic/Flex Stirrups
MDC are a breakthrough in the stirrup world, with innovation at the forefront of their mind they have created these incredible forward-facing stirrups. MDC's question is always 'Is there any reason for stirrups to naturally lay flat against the horse's side?" With the answer being an absolute "NO".
The MDC 'S' is for those riders that appreciate the classic lines of a traditional stirrup, but want the innovation of modern technology. The 45° 'S' positioning design provides a natural position for the leg and foot, which in turns relieves pain in the ankles, hips, knees and back – the stirrups come to you rather than you adjusting your position for them. The position of the stirrup, open against the horse's sides, means much easier to regain a lost stirrup or gives your foot more time to release from a twisted stirrup in the occurrence of a fall. The MDC design allows for more escape room from the top of the tread to the top of the inner stirrup arch. This increased area allows for more ease in escaping a stirrup during a fall than designs with less clearance area.
The difference between the 'S' Classic and 'S' Flex is the multi-pivot point shock absorbing sides.
- The 'S' Classic feature an ultra-low profile, high traction wide tread, which delivers more traction, support, comfort and easily releases in a fall.
- Classic design means riders from all disciplines can have full advantage of a traditional stirrup but with the performance advantages of innovative design.
- 3kg/pair. MDC do not make an ultra-light stirrup (plastic or fully aluminium) as they are not predictable when lost making for difficult retrieval and less safety.
- Used by show ring rider, trainer and manager Lexi Wedemeyer.
We know that this is an important investment and we are so confident in the stirrups that we will sell them with a 100% money back guarantee. If you are not happy, you can return them within a month of receiving for a full refund. Any queries or questions you have about the stirrups, the inventor himself will respond.
Martin D. Cohen, the founder and inventor of MDC Stirrups, has a varied background including shovelling manure to judging two Olympic Games. He has acted as a professional hunter/jumper trainer, FEI judge, course designer, Chief Steward, Show Manager, Teaching Clinician and Expert Witness in equine related court cases, so we believe he knows what he is talking about! His passion for his stirrups goes above and beyond the call of duty, and it has rubbed off on Glaze & Gordon.
After a fateful day out trail hunting, where our stirrup broke mid gallop, we decided to search out the perfect stirrup. Not an easy task as Kate also suffers with a painful ankle and knee after one too many falls! MDC popped up, and Martin D. Cohen's enthusiasm and passion for his product was so apparent we tried them and we LOVE them. Kate suffers no pain, and they aid your leg into a much more natural and secure position.
MDC recommend as good for jumping, dressage, eventing, polo, endurance and trail riding. MDC's huge list of sponsored riders show huge support for these 'S' Classic stirrups – and we can see why!
- The 'S' Flex come with Multi-Pivot Point shock absorbing sides to reduce concussion and therefore relieve pain in your ankles, knees, hips and back.
- Ultra-low profile, high traction wide tread, which delivers more traction, support, comfort and easily releases in a fall.
- Lighter weight – 1.18kg/pair
- Used by international event rider Will Coleman.
MDC Stirrups are true sized.
Basic cleaning of your MDC Stirrups™ is the same as you would with any other stirrup.